Monday, October 8, 2012

iPad Storage in my Classroom

Last week,  I received FIVE new iPads for my classroom. Here are a few pictures of how I decided to store my devices for easy access and organization.

First, I purchased two sets of Sterilite organization drawers. The iPads fit perfectly in the drawers - even with cases. These are the 81/2 x 11 size drawers. I purchased them at Target, but I know they are available many places - including Amazon.


Next, my husband drilled 3 holes in the back of each set for me. This is where the cords will come out of the drawer, allowing them to plug in to the power strip. We made the holes just big enough to get the USB portion of the plug through the hole. This will prevent the cord from slipping out.
My husband also mounted the power strips to the back of the drawers for me. This just helps keep the cords a little more organized.

Now they are ready to go! I plan to decorate the inside of the clear portion of the drawer - just to make them a little more attractive and match the zebra print decor in my classroom! Each drawer and iPad will have a label so my students know exactly where to put their iPad back when it is time to clean up.

2 comments:

  1. Was there any issue with heat vs the plastic? I like the idea and am just curious if you encountered any issues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This worked really well for me and many other teachers in my building have done the same thing. If I could give one suggestion it would be to purchase the drawer units where the drawers do not come all of the way out. Mine do - it never caused a problem but I think that it could if the students were not careful. However, the set that one of my teaching partners purchased has drawers that do not pull all of the way out (or at least not easily). I would suggest getting those if you plan to use with young students. The heat was not an issue for us at all.

    ReplyDelete